Just a human

I’ve just turned into a human:
Craving mastery over that-
That translucent,
Crumbled parchment,
Pallid bodily air.
And I wonder what my feet do,
‘Coz I am meant to fly,
O! I’m volatile,
just volatile, aren’t I?

I’ve turned into a question
One I ask myself a day,
Shutting myself to the darkness-
Bleak,
Melancholy darkness.
Yet, I wish to see the light,
Fall upon that lie,
But, am I not nocturnal?
Just nocturnal, aren’t I?

Feel that beating heart of mine,
Pumping blood the colour-
Of your love.
O! I’m immortal and I shall never die,
But, I am just a human.

Just a human, aren’t I?

19 Comments Add yours

1. And yet, being a human is one of the hardest things to do

Liked by 4 people

1. Shanyu says:

Exactly. It actually is so difficult that I wonder if anyone is human at all. What does it mean to be human? I leave the question open.

Liked by 1 person

1. ๐Ÿ™‚ question philosophers are trying to answer for thousands of years and still haven’t figured it out … one could say love, but then again what is love … and we can role with questions and answers into the infinity … ๐Ÿ™‚

Liked by 1 person

2. Shanyu says:

So true. Humans are just an undefined term today. I hope we get an answer soon. I am pretty sure it will be disappointing, but let’s see. We pretty much remain a species that cannot be classified according to behavioural instincts. I guess we should just remain happy being undefined.

Liked by 1 person

3. Remain happy undefined and find the pleasure in such a freedom – being free from all the definitions, to act only under the rules of heart and love and mercy … could be the only way to reach the state of a human. And definitions, what definition says about butterfly is very scarce and unjust for such a precious creature.

Liked by 1 person

2. Shanyu says:

Actually, well said. We must rather be happy being free of definitions…this has just come to my notice how there’s all sorts of problems currently with people considering others a little less human. If that is the condition without a definition, I wonder how bleak will the world be? I would rather be a race of races than life. So so true. Undefined humans, the only way to be humans.

Liked by 2 people

1. Shanyu says:

Thank you so very much dear friend. I really appreciate it. I am honoured to receive the nomination! Congratulations to you too!

3. Muralikrish says:

Great post.๐Ÿ‘Œ

Liked by 2 people

1. Shanyu says:

Thank you so very much!

Liked by 1 person

1. Muralikrish says:

My pleasure.๐Ÿ‘

Liked by 1 person

2. Shanyu says:

(โ€ขโ€ฟโ€ข)

4. Great thoughts packed into evocative words! I especially love โ€œIโ€™ve turned into a question, one I ask myself every dayโ€. The questions run seamlessly into the last one, and yet youโ€™re kind of surprised, because it seems contradictory that all this makes us human, but thinking about it, itโ€™s true thatโ€™s a part of itโ€ฆ Certainly challenges one to think ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ

Liked by 2 people

1. Shanyu says:

Thank you so very much. I’m glad the poem resonated with you.

5. Elle says:

Hi! I want you to know that you have been a very inspirational blogger to everyone and that you are nominated for an award called the Ideal Inspiration Blogger Award. I would love to hear from you but, if you think otherwise, it’s okay too no worries. Here’s the link: https://ellesunpopularopinions.wordpress.com/2020/07/01/ideal-inspiration-blogger-award/

Congratulations! ๐Ÿ™‚

Liked by 1 person

1. Shanyu says:

Thank you so very much Dear Elle. I’m honoured to know that I have inspired you in any way possible. Thank you so very much. Congratulations to you too. This would be my last award nomination. I am planning to follow an award free zone soon. This will be a perfect way to do so. Peace and greetings from Sui generis ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’›

Liked by 1 person

6. Elle says:

This is so sweet! ๐Ÿฅฐ You’re very much welcome! I’m glad you considered this haha and I totally understand your plan, we support you. More power to your blog, Shanyu. ๐Ÿ’š

Liked by 1 person

1. Shanyu says:

It is my pleasure. I’m glad you understand. I found this award thing to be distracting for my poetry goals. I initially was so glad to be able to receive such nominations but I guess I’m steering away from my actual goal of impacting with words. So yes, this will be my last, and I’m so glad you support me! Have a fantastic week. I still hope you will be a part of my WP journey. Peace โ˜ฎ๏ธ

Liked by 1 person