Just a human

I’ve just turned into a human:
Craving mastery over that-
That translucent,
Crumbled parchment,
Pallid bodily air.
And I wonder what my feet do,
‘Coz I am meant to fly,
O! I’m volatile,
just volatile, aren’t I?

I’ve turned into a question
One I ask myself a day,
Shutting myself to the darkness-
Bleak,
Melancholy darkness.
Yet, I wish to see the light,
Fall upon that lie,
But, am I not nocturnal?
Just nocturnal, aren’t I?

Feel that beating heart of mine,
Pumping blood the colour-
Of your love.
O! I’m immortal and I shall never die,
But, I am just a human.

Just a human, aren’t I?

51 Comments Add yours

Thank you so much!

1. Sabrina Mazzora says:

And yet, being a human is one of the hardest things to do

Liked by 5 people

1. Shanyu says:

Exactly. It actually is so difficult that I wonder if anyone is human at all. What does it mean to be human? I leave the question open.

1. Sabrina Mazzora says:

๐Ÿ™‚ question philosophers are trying to answer for thousands of years and still haven’t figured it out … one could say love, but then again what is love … and we can role with questions and answers into the infinity … ๐Ÿ™‚

2. Shanyu says:

So true. Humans are just an undefined term today. I hope we get an answer soon. I am pretty sure it will be disappointing, but let’s see. We pretty much remain a species that cannot be classified according to behavioural instincts. I guess we should just remain happy being undefined.

3. Sabrina Mazzora says:

Remain happy undefined and find the pleasure in such a freedom – being free from all the definitions, to act only under the rules of heart and love and mercy … could be the only way to reach the state of a human. And definitions, what definition says about butterfly is very scarce and unjust for such a precious creature.

2. Shanyu says:

Actually, well said. We must rather be happy being free of definitions…this has just come to my notice how there’s all sorts of problems currently with people considering others a little less human. If that is the condition without a definition, I wonder how bleak will the world be? I would rather be a race of races than life. So so true. Undefined humans, the only way to be humans.

Liked by 2 people

1. Shanyu says:

Thank you so very much dear friend. I really appreciate it. I am honoured to receive the nomination! Congratulations to you too!

3. Muralikrish says:

Great post.๐Ÿ‘Œ

Liked by 2 people

Thank you so very much!

1. Muralikrish says:

My pleasure.๐Ÿ‘

2. Shanyu says:

(โ€ขโ€ฟโ€ข)

4. Like!! I blog quite often and I genuinely thank you for your information. The article has truly peaked my interest.

Liked by 2 people

1. Shanyu says:

Thank you so much. I’m glad you likeit!

5. Great thoughts packed into evocative words! I especially love โ€œIโ€™ve turned into a question, one I ask myself every dayโ€. The questions run seamlessly into the last one, and yet youโ€™re kind of surprised, because it seems contradictory that all this makes us human, but thinking about it, itโ€™s true thatโ€™s a part of itโ€ฆ Certainly challenges one to think ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ

Liked by 3 people

1. Shanyu says:

Thank you so very much. I’m glad the poem resonated with you.

6. Elle says:

Hi! I want you to know that you have been a very inspirational blogger to everyone and that you are nominated for an award called the Ideal Inspiration Blogger Award. I would love to hear from you but, if you think otherwise, it’s okay too no worries. Here’s the link: https://ellesunpopularopinions.wordpress.com/2020/07/01/ideal-inspiration-blogger-award/

Congratulations! ๐Ÿ™‚

Liked by 2 people

1. Shanyu says:

Thank you so very much Dear Elle. I’m honoured to know that I have inspired you in any way possible. Thank you so very much. Congratulations to you too. This would be my last award nomination. I am planning to follow an award free zone soon. This will be a perfect way to do so. Peace and greetings from Sui generis ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’›

7. Elle says:

This is so sweet! ๐Ÿฅฐ You’re very much welcome! I’m glad you considered this haha and I totally understand your plan, we support you. More power to your blog, Shanyu. ๐Ÿ’š

1. Shanyu says:

It is my pleasure. I’m glad you understand. I found this award thing to be distracting for my poetry goals. I initially was so glad to be able to receive such nominations but I guess I’m steering away from my actual goal of impacting with words. So yes, this will be my last, and I’m so glad you support me! Have a fantastic week. I still hope you will be a part of my WP journey. Peace โ˜ฎ๏ธ

1. Elle says:

โ˜บ๏ธโ˜บ๏ธโ˜ฎโ˜ฎโœŒ

8. Watt says:

This is profoundly one of the best things I’ve read in some time. The rhyme had a depth of its own, its almost like a yawning well, calling to be explored and consumed, and so effortlessly. Incredible.

Liked by 2 people

1. Shanyu says:

Thank you so much Watt. It is such a wonderful compliment. I’m so glad that you have liked this piece. I feel honoured to have received this from you. Peace and greetings to you. I hope you are well. Please take care. Thank you once again.
      Yours,
      Shanyu.

9. I loved reading this, too.

Liked by 2 people

Thank you so much!

๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’›

10. Great poem!
    It evoked an image of Frankenstein for me – no idea if that was in your thinking but it’s a brilliant read either way! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ–ค

Liked by 2 people

1. Shanyu says:

Thank you so much. I certainly did not think of Frankenstein, but once you say that, it kinda makes sense! Thank you so much for the read.

1. You’re most welcome ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ–ค

2. Shanyu says:

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’›

11. JALPA says:

Itโ€™s a hard task to be human with feelings and stay in touch with the world! You have penned it wonderfully! Thatโ€™s all I must say ๐Ÿ’ซโ˜บ๏ธ

Liked by 2 people

1. Shanyu says:

So true. It is difficult indeed, but we keep on living! Thank you so much for stopping by. Your words mean a lot. Peace and greetings from Sui generis ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’›

1. JALPA says:

๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ’ซ

12. Nima Mohan says:

Sui.. your writings leave me in awe… !!
    This too is amazing ๐Ÿ™‚ โค

1. Shanyu says:

thank you so much dear! your support means a lot!

13. Beautiful…I loved reading this too..

1. Shanyu says:

Thank you once again. Glad to have you here. Just great! Peace and greetings ๐Ÿ’›

14. jonicaggiano says:

What a beautiful piece of writing to express a complex question my friend. I have always thought and felt like I should fly.

โ€œAnd I wonder what my feet do,
    โ€˜Coz I am meant to fly,
    O! Iโ€™m volatile,
    just volatile, arenโ€™t I?โ€

Gorgeous work my friend. Be blessed and inspired. With love ๐Ÿ’• Joni

Liked by 2 people

1. Shanyu says:

Thank you so much Joni. You have such wonderful words to say. I’m beaming in gratitude. Thank you friend. Thank you.
      I dont know if it came out, but the part about flying was so close to me considering that urge to fly above all the normal happenings. It is disheartening how a human is no more what he was.
      Thank you for your blessings. Grateful for your immense support.
      Love,
      Shanyu.

Liked by 2 people

1. jonicaggiano says:

It is my pleasure my friend. I miss dreaming of flying which I did when I was younger. I appreciate your support as well. Love ๐Ÿ’• Joni

Liked by 2 people